[yt-users] plotting average quantaties

John Forbes jcforbes at ucsc.edu
Tue Oct 22 09:46:24 PDT 2013

One issue I've run into in the past is that binning by 'x' with
BinnedProfile1D may not produce exactly what one would like. In particular,
if your data has non-uniform cell sizes, then in the derefined regions the
1D profile will have peaks at the positions of cell centers. For instance
if my coarsest grid extends from x=0 to x=4 with 8 cells, and much of my
grid is not refined, my 1D profile will have features at x=0.25, 0.75, etc.
I'm not sure if any built-in yt functionality which gets around this issue
(if you run into it). Maybe you could create a FixedResolutionBuffer and do
whatever sum you want manually over one dimension of the corresponding
numpy array?

Good luck,
John