[yt-users] Parallel yt on Kraken

Hilary Egan hilaryye at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 19:42:30 PDT 2013

Perhaps inadvisedly I'm trying to get parallel yt to work on kraken. As
suggested in the docs faq I made sure I loaded the PrgEnv-gnu module and
pip installed mpi4py with env MPICC=cc. Although this worked fine as is on
my local machine, yt then complained about missing libraries, I guessed
because of some sort of static linking/build problem, so I copied all of
the libraries it complained about to $YT_DIR/lib (full list is below). Now
it's giving me a completely indecipherable message about matplotlib which
I've copied here: http://paste.yt-project.org/show/3939/. I only see this
error when I try and run yt with the --parallel flag, so I'm guessing it
must be related. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Hilary

______

Missing libraries yt complained about and I added:

libgfortran.so.3
libscicpp_gnu.so.1
libsci_gnu_mp.so.1
libstdc++.so.6