[yt-users] No "NumberOfParticles" attribute for "YTRegion"

Devin Silvia devin.silvia at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 10:36:43 PST 2013

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for sending that along.  I actually managed to get yt-3.0 and
rockstar to build using basically the same steps once I realized I
needed to be on the "tip" of rockstar.  Overall, having that step by
step process should be super useful for future users.

I also tried to run a test of the halo finder, but ran into the same
issue of having multi-mass particles.  I'm fiddling a bit with things
now to see if I can figure anything out on that front.

In working through this, I've starting wondering if it would be useful
to have some sort of hangout for people who either are interested in
using yt and rockstar so that we can work through what it takes to
make that happen, or people interested in trying to hammered out what
needs to be done to make the whole set up work a bit better for the
general user.

If there is interest in this, we could look into finding a time that works.

-Devin