[yt-users] plot collection labels etc

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 09:53:49 PST 2013

Hi Andrew,

The most straightforward way to do this is to use a data_source:

region = pf.h.region(center=[0.5, 0.5, 0.5], left_edge=[0, 0, 0.4,
right_edge=[1., 1., 0.6])
plot = ProjectionPlot(pf, 2, 'Density', data_source=region)

This will select data using the region data container supplied on the first
line.

It would probably be possible to add a `depth` keyword argument to
ProjectionPlot that constructs such a region in the ProjectionPlot
initializer.  Pull requests are more than welcome :)

-Nathan