[yt-users] Athena units

Stephanie Tonnesen stonnes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 17:43:34 PST 2013

I am now looking at a few more variables, and am not sure whether I should
be getting code units or physical units.  In the Athena vtk file, Pressure
is one of the variables--will this be plotted in code units or will yt
attempt to give me physical units since I am inputting some physical unit
conversions in the load command?  Also , is "BMagnitude" in code units?  I
am loading my data using the command:

pf = load("id0/rps."+outstring[i]+"
.vtk",parameters={"TimeUnits":9.78262,"LengthUnits":8.0236e22,"DensityUnits":9.999e-30})

Thanks!

Stephanie