[yt-users] cam.rotate

John Regan johnanthonyregan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 11:29:43 PST 2013

Hi Sam,

Thanks for looking at this.
c does change at every time step as I want the densest point to always be
at the centre.
What I think might be happening and I'm running a run now to check is that
the north vector is messing things up. What should that be? I've set it to
L for this run while before I just set it to something arbitrary.

The script is:

ts =
TimeSeriesData.from_filenames("/wrk/regan/Stats/Halo8/HighRes/HighRes_Ref26_Reg1_All/DMSplit/MovieOutputs/DD*/*.hierarchy",
parallel = True)
comm = MPI.COMM_WORLD

FileNames =
glob.glob("/wrk/regan/Stats/Halo8/HighRes/HighRes_Ref26_Reg1_All/DMSplit/MovieOutputs/DD*/*.hierarchy")
FileNames.sort()
firstoutputnum = GetSubString(FileNames[0], '\d\d\d\d+')
firstoutputnum = int(firstoutputnum[-1])
#Pre-calculated L
L = [-0.808823, -0.58630473, -0.04530025]
Lperp = []
if comm.rank == 0:
    Lperp =  CalcPerpen(L)
comm.barrier()
Lperp = comm.bcast(Lperp, root=0)
print "Lperp = ", Lperp
# W is the width of the plot in enzo boxsize units
# 1 would be the whole domain
#
SphereSize = 10000      #pc
W = 0.05            #domain units
N = 1024 # Pixels (512^2)
up = [1.,0.,0.]

#And zoom each time.
startW = W
endW = 1e-7
deltaW = (startW - endW)/70
rotation = 2*na.pi/70.0

for pf in ts.piter():
    rank = comm.Get_rank()
    result_id = int(pf.parameter_filename[-4::])
    if(result_id > 70):
        continue

    filenum = result_id - firstoutputnum
    sp = pf.h.sphere("max", (SphereSize, "pc"))
    MaxDen, c = pf.h.find_max('Density')
    W = startW - filenum*deltaW
    le = c - W
    re = c + W
    rmi, rma = sp.quantities['Extrema']('Density')[0]
    rmi, rma = na.log10(rmi), na.log10(rma)
    print "File %s: Real min and max = (%f, %f)" % (pf.parameter_filename,
rmi, rma)
    ma = rma - 2
    mi = rmi + 2.5

    # Construct transfer function, pad the TF space by a bit so that
    # gaussians sampling the data range don't hit the edge.
    tf = ColorTransferFunction((mi, ma))
    tf.add_layers(6, w=0.01, colormap="spectral")
    # Create the camera object
    cam = pf.h.camera(c, L, W, (N,N), transfer_function=tf, north_vector=L,
                      no_ghost=True, steady_north=True)
    #Rotate about the "Lperp" vector
    theta = rotation*filenum
    cam.rotate(theta, rot_vector=Lperp)