[yt-users] plotting halos circles on density projection

Stefano Bovino poetaste at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 08:01:20 PST 2013

Hi all,
I'm trying to plot halos circles on density projection. I would like to
select with the circle only the halos on the center of the box where the
resolution is good but it seems that my script is doing something
different, here the script:

pf = load("RD0022/RedshiftOutput0022")
halos = HaloFinder(pf)
p = ProjectionPlot(pf, "z", "Density", width = (4.0, 'kpc'), center='max')
p.annotate_hop_circles(halos,max_number=5)

My first question:

i) Should the script be able to select the halos according to the txt file
I obtain if I run the halo finder separately?! First 5 more massive should
match!
ii) the problem is that if I select 5 halos they are all outside the box
center, I guess because of resolution artifacts.
iii) how can I select the halos based on a mass threshold (let's assume 1e6
solar masses)?

My aim is to see at two different times where the halos I want to follow
are!

Thank you in advance
Stefano