[yt-users] Comparing different timesteps

Stephanie Tonnesen stonnes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 10:12:29 PST 2013

Hi yt-users!

I am trying to compare how my magnetic field varies in a couple runs that
start with different initial magnetic field configurations.  Right now I
would like to take a look at two things:  a SlicePlot and a phase_object.
I would like the "z" of the SlicePlot to be the B-field of the "current"
time / B-field of the initial output.  I would like the phase_plot to be
the B-field of the "current" time / B-field of the initial output vs a
fluid tracer field.  So for a single output:

>pc.add_phase_object(alld,["specific_scalar[0]","BMagnitude","CellMassSolar"],
weight=None,x_bins=50,y_bins=50,x_log=False,y_log=False)

But I want two phase_objects from different times divided by eachother.  I
looked at Time Series, but that doesn't seem to be what I want.  I am not
sure if I have explained myself clearly, and can try again if it doesn't
make sense.  If it does, can I do this?

Thanks,

Stephanie