[yt-users] getting more information about memory usage

nick moeckel nickolas1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 02:40:35 PST 2013

Hi there,

I'm trying to analyse some data with a 1024^3 base grid, and it's pushing
at the memory limits of the machine where the data resides. So two quick
questions:

should I expect parallel analysis to have a reduced memory footprint? E.g.
if I need 16Gb of memory to run this analysis serially, will running on 16
cores get me anywhere near 1Gb/core?

does yt have a more verbose debug mode or something that I can activate to
output any details about memory consumption that might aid me in the
delicate and adversarial dance that this cluster and I are engaged in?

thanks,
Nick