[yt-users] parallel issue

nick moeckel nickolas1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 23:17:25 PST 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to run some parallel analysis scripts and I'm running into
problems. I'm using yt-3.0 on Ramses data; here's a simple example that
doesn't work:

from yt.pmods import *
ds = load('output_00001/info_00001.txt',
fields=['Density','x-velocity','y-velocity','z-velocity','Pressure'])
proj = ProjectionPlot(ds, 0, 'Density')
proj.save()

the errors this generates:
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/SfT87oaHcQpYMUnBi2QM/

When I run this on my personal computers with mpi4py installed with pip,
this will work with no problems. On the HPC system I'm using I'm unable to
install mpi4py with pip, (due [I think] to the archaic openssl version) but
I've built and installed it from source.

Before I tear any more of my hair out over this, I'm hoping that someone
can tell me if this looks familiar, or if it's definitely a problem with
mpi4py and yt playing nice, or anything else that might save me a few days
of my life.

Thanks for any help!
Nick