[yt-users] Finding the max density from a checkpoint dump?

Joseph Smidt josephsmidt at gmail.com
Tue May 28 20:07:41 PDT 2013

Nathan,

  Thanks for your response. I believe I have the lastest version of yt.  I
get this if I do an hg tip:

[jsmidt at mu-fe1 yt]$ hg tip
changeset:   8217:fb6cce6a2936
branch:      yt
tag:         tip
user:        Nathan Goldbaum <goldbaum at ucolick.org>
date:        Mon May 27 09:24:17 2013 -0700
files:       yt/config.py
Bumping the gold standard revision to gold0008.

    Now the checkpoint output is slightly different than a normal data
dump.  for instance, the DD0047/output_0047 file has this comment at the
top which cannot be read into yt without being removed:

# WARNING! This is a checkpoint dump! Lots of data!
InitialCycleNumber  = 228
InitialTime         = 20.046508365013
InitialCPUTime      = 0

   And there are additional fields like Acceleration fields with these
checkpoint dumps.  So I was wondering if this other error when finding the
max values of fields is also checkpoint dump specific as the structure
seems slightly different compared to normal data dumps.  Thanks again.