[yt-users] Chombo data format - Example load?

Andrew Myers atmyers2 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 14:51:47 PDT 2013

Hi Christina,

Currently, yt can't load up a generic Chombo HDF5 dataset. The reason is
that yt needs to know some things (like what data fields are available in
your file) that Chombo doesn't standardize. It does, however, support a
couple of codes (Orion and Pluto) and that use Chombo HDF5 for their
output. If you're using one of those codes, you should be able to load the
data just using:

 pf = load( <filename>)

If you're using another code, then yt won't work for you out of the box.
You should be able to get it to work without too much trouble, but it would
require adding a new
frontend<http://yt-project.org/doc/advanced/creating_frontend.html>along
the lines of the "pluto" one currently in the codebase. If you're
interested in doing this, we'd happy to help get you started.

Best,
Andrew Myers