[yt-users] plotting just contours in a slice

Chris Malone chris.m.malone at gmail.com
Fri May 24 10:46:21 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I would like to be able to take a slice through a 3D dataset and then plot
just the contours of a single variable within that slice.  I do not want to
overlay the contours with an annotate_countours method.

I know one way about this would be to use the FixedResolutionBuffer of some
slice plot to reconstruct a mesh-grid and the data, which can then be used
within matplotlib directly to create a contour plot.

I was curious if there was a more clever method using yt plot objects?

Chris