[yt-users] non-converted fields?

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 13:45:10 PDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 4:37 PM, David Collins
<dcollins at physics.ucsd.edu> wrote:
>> So my guess is your dataset has a #CGSConversionFactor for Density.
>
> That's right, this is a cosmology sim.  Is there a way to hijack
> setup_comoving_units to get it to not do anything?

I don't know.  Just change conversion_factors after you've
instantiated the pf.  I do believe in ensuring yt can support
debugging of raw values, which is where reading the datasets and the
grids comes in, but I don't think it's necessarily correct that we
need to overlay on enough complexity to make this any easier than just
dropping the conversion factors after the parameter file is
instantiated.  I mean, the dataset says what its units are, and yt is
set up to know how to interpret that.

1.59542869378e-32 2.5694638476e-25
0.00631190510467 101654.257812

These are the two outputs for this script:

http://paste.yt-project.org/show/3316/

with the conversion_factors line commented out and uncommented, respectively.

Note that conversion_factors should not be considered final API, as
the YTEP governing units will likely replace it with something else.

Draft of YTEP: https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/ytep/pull-request/13/created-new-ytep-for-the-new/diff

-Matt