[yt-users] integrated quantities in cylindrical

Suoqing Ji jisuoqing at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 10:00:49 PDT 2013

Hi Roman,

I assume the quantity 'CylindricalCellMass' is a derived field defined by yourself? I usually define the 2d cylindrical cell volume as followings:

        @derived_field(name = "CylCellVolume") # CellVolume in yt is wrong
        def realVolume(field, data):
                return data["dx"]*data["dy"]*2*math.pi*data["x"]

        @derived_field(name = "CylCellMass")
        def realCellMass(field, data):
                return data["CylCellVolume"]*data["Density"]

And for my data set, the output given by YT (use dd.quantities['TotalQuantity']('CylCellMass')[0]) and FLASH subroutine (IO_writeIntegralQuantities) match down to the machine accuracy.

Best wishes,
Suoqing