[yt-users] New location for in-development documentation

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 11:22:53 PDT 2013

Hi all,

As some of you may be aware, we maintain http://yt.readthedocs.org to store
a minimal version of the yt documentation that gets updated whenever the
documentation repository is updated.  This version of the docs is limited -
there are no example images and the API docs do not get autogenerated
because they are expensive to create.

In the past couple of days, Kacper Kowalik has extended yt's automated
testing infrastructure to also build and deploy a a fully complete version
of the docs with every commit.  This new documentation is located at
http://yt-project.org/docs/dev.

Right now the 'docs' link on yt-project.org points to the 2.5 release
documentation.  In the near future we will be improving the structure of
the website.  Part of that work will be to also link to other versions of
the docs, including the new dev documentation.  For now, if you use the
development version of yt, either make a bookmark or remember the link to
the dev docs since this version will be the most complete and up to date
relative to the in-development version of yt in between major releases.

Thanks for your work on this Kacper, I know I'll be using this new resource
in the future.

Cheers,

Nathan