[yt-users] Not able to read 2D BoxLib files

Chris Malone chris.m.malone at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 08:58:04 PDT 2013

Hi Mani,

The pull request mentioned by the others is your best bet.  That being
said, I don't think any of the BoxLib frontend has been written for
two-dimensional datasets, yet.  It would be a useful addition.  Our groups'
current MO of getting Matplotlib-like plots of 2d BoxLib data is cumbersome
and uses some fortran code that interfaces with the BoxLib underlying data
formats, wrapped in f2py calls to get the data into numpy arrays.

I too have been bandwidth-limited lately, but hopefully I can get back to
working out the issue to which Matt alluded.

For completeness, is there anything in particular outside of the standard
Header file (or job_info, if that exists) that is needed to visualize or
make sense of your dataset?

Chris