[yt-users] Cluster Compile Issue

Kacper Kowalik xarthisius.kk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 00:22:59 PDT 2013

On 07/25/2013 02:27 AM, Chenchong Zhu wrote:
> Hello yt-users,

Hi,

> I'm currently attempting to build yt on Scinet GPC cluster, where the
> Python module can only be loaded alongside Intel and gcc combined.
>  Compiling with Intel modules leads to mercurial compile error.  I've
> attempted to build yt with only the gcc module active, and have achieved a
> successful build (though ), and yt sources without any errors.  Attempting
> to run ipython or yt serve, however, gives me this error:
>
> ImportError: libimf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

libimf is part of intel compiler. Try adding proper paths to you
LD_LIBRARY_PATH by doing one of the following prior to running ipython:

 1) load intel module
 2) source intel "activation" script by:
    source <INTEL_DIR>/bin/compilervars.sh intel64
 3) append proper path manually:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:<INTEL_DIR>/lib/intel64

Alternative (preferred one) is to use yt's installation script. It will
compile python2.7 for you. As a result you won't need to rely on system
one that introduces intel compiler as a direct dependency.
Cheers,
Kacper