[yt-users] yt/dev module out of date on Kraken?

Kevin Moore kmoore at physics.ucsb.edu
Wed Jul 24 10:07:42 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to run some simple analysis on some FLASH runs I've done on Kraken, and it looks like the yt/dev module is stuck somewhere between ver. 2.3 & 2.4. Specifically, it looks like it's before SlicePlot was added since I see it in the 2.4 docs, but not the 2.3 docs. I unsurprisingly get errors with my plotting script:
NameError: name 'SlicePlot' is not defined

"yt instinfo" gives me:
yt module located at:
    /lustre/scratch/proj/sw/yt/dev/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yt-2.4dev-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg

I haven't tried installing yt to my home directory since I'm worried about space issues (we only have 2G total). Is it possible to update the yt/dev module or add a yt/2.5 module?

Thanks,
Kevin