[yt-users] Is there any methods to make peculiar velocity plots?

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 05:55:13 PDT 2013

Hi Reju,

For the peculiar velocity plots, you'll have to use the constituent
information calculated about each individual halo and construct your
own plot; while we do have methods for creating plots with halo
circles overlaid, the specific item you're noting isn't yet included.
(It would be a *very* nice addition, however!)  For finding the
velocity, etc, that's all part of the standard halo output and halo
profiler output:

http://yt-project.org/docs/2.5/analysis_modules/running_halofinder.html

bulk_velocity, total_mass, etc.

The HaloProfiler would be a nice place to put the peculiar velocity
plot, and note that the halo finding by itself does not filter based
on virial parameter or radius, while the HaloProfiler does.

http://yt-project.org/docs/2.5/analysis_modules/halo_profiling.html

-Matt