[yt-users] yt.utilities.amr_utils

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 02:10:58 PST 2013

Hi Mike,

I think that the checks for .NumberOfParticles may be unnecessary in
the dm_density calls.  Removing those, and simply returning an empty
deposition field if there are no particles, will likely give the same
results as what it currently does.  Switching between ValidateGridType
and ValidateSpatial will turn on/off fields in ways I think we may
want to avoid.  For particle density fields specifically it would
likely result in estimates for particle density that are generated at
a coarser level then interpolated to a finer level.

-Matt