[yt-users] Problems with Scipy

James Guillochon jfg at ucolick.org
Tue Jan 15 20:22:06 PST 2013

To get things working on NASA's Pleiades, I followed the directions here:
http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/BuildingGeneral, as Stephen
suggested, and set the target to YT's site-packages directory.
Additionally, I had to include -lgfortran in the compile flags for
BLAS/LAPACK to get the SciPy compilation working without throwing a library
error, as I was using the gfortran compiler.

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 7:31 PM, trobolo dinni <
trobolo.trobolo.dinni5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jose,
>
> I incurred in the exactly same problem.
> The way I solved it (after a lot of struggle to be precise) was to install
> yt on the system python instead of using the yt install script, which
> relates to its own python.
>
> You can do that by
> (0.remove the current yt installation and the related python)
> 1.downloading yt
> 2.going in the yt folder and build yt through the command: python
> ./setup.py build after ensuring that your pythonpath includes the directory
> .../your_system_python_path/site-packages
>    It will not work the first time, because you need to satisfy all the yt
> dependancies, but through the errors you get you can install the
> dependencies one by one.
> 3.finally you can install yt by going in the yt directory and typing:
> python ./setup.py install --prefix=.../directory_where_you_want_yt
> 4.it is possible that yt will show errors during the use because of the
> fact that non vital dependencies are not satisfied, if you encounter those
> errors just install those dependencies when it happens.
>
> Hope this helps, cheers,
>                                          Roberto
>
> 2013/1/14 <jutreras at das.uchile.cl>
>
>  Hi, I'm a Master student a new user of yt
>> I have some troubles to use scipy and yt together. When I'm usin the yt
>> environment yt works fine but i can't import scipy, but when I'm out of
>> the environment i can use it.
>>
>> I really have no idea what's happening so if you could help me would be
>> great
>>
>> Best regards
>> Jose

James Guillochon