[yt-users] errno.h

Peter Teuben teuben at astro.umd.edu
Wed Jan 30 13:04:50 PST 2013

On 01/30/2013 03:59 PM, Mark Kremenetsky wrote:
> Guys,
>  I am using  a script recommended on  ENZO boot-camp page
>
> $ bash install_script.sh
>

> in order to set up all libraries needed for enzo compilation.
> Everything is going good and well until I got a following error:
>
> gcc -fPIC -c bzip2.c
> In file included from /usr/include/errno.h:36,
>                  from bzip2.c:55:
> /usr/include/bits/errno.h:25:26: error: linux/errno.h: No such file or
> directory
> make: *** [bzip2.o] Error 1
>  I checked and certainly I don't have  such thing as
> /usr/include/linux/errno.h
>
> Any advice ?

on ubuntu you can do

% dpkg -S /usr/include/linux/errno.h
linux-libc-dev: /usr/include/linux/errno.h

so you need to have that "dev" package installed. For other distro's
it might have a different name. If this is your first time installing it,
you might wind up needing more of these development packages
for some of the libraries.

I've seen quite a few packages give their developers a nice list
of how to update their system, something like

    sudo apt-get install linux-libc-dev .....

peter