[yt-users] athena region problem

nick moeckel nickolas1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:02:12 PST 2013

Hi there,

I'm dealing with some athena data right now, and running into some issues
with defining regions.

an example, with domain_left_edge = [0, 0, 0], and right_edge = [1, 1, 1]

In [18]: center=[0.5,0.5,0.5]
In [19]: lc = [0,0,0.4]
In [20]: rc=[1.0,1.0,0.6]
In [21]: region = pf.h.region(center, lc, rc)
In [22]: region.volume()
Out[22]: -inf

I'm able to get at region.quantities, but trying to make a projection plot
fails.

Interestingly, or maybe not, if I try to do something similar with data
that has its domain centered on the origin, the volume is finite and
everything I've tried with plotting works fine. I guess athena support is
still a bit preliminary, but I thought I'd throw this out there.

best,
Nick