[yt-users] Error on installation of yt on system python

Kacper Kowalik xarthisius.kk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 23:32:36 PST 2013

On 02/18/2013 12:58 AM, trobolo dinni wrote:
> Hi Nathan,
>
> sorry for the delay in replying.
>
> To install yt on the system python I followed the procedure you mentioned:
> entered the yt directory cloned from bitbucket, run "python setup.py
> install".
> I did that again to check another time but the error persists.
>
> As I said I just reinstalled the same Ubuntu version on the same computer
> where before yt was usually installed by following the procedure above and
> it was normally running.
>
> Could reinstall cython help to solve the problem?
>
> Thanks,
>                   Roberto

Hi Roberto,
could you run the following command in your $YT_HG directory:

find . -name "data_point_utilities.*"

and post the output? Also if you could try installing again but provide
us with build.log.gz from:

cd $YT_HG
bash ./clean.sh
python setup.py build | gzip --fast > build.log.gz

What version of ubuntu are you using?
Cheers,
Kacper