[yt-users] Error on installation of yt on system python

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 22:57:02 PST 2013

Hi Trobolo,

data_point_utilities is a c extension that gets auto generated from a cython file and then compiled into a shared library when you run the yt setup script:

$ cd $YT_HG
$ python setup.py install

Here $YT_HG is the directory containing the yt source code repository you cloned from bitbucket.

Please let us know if you continue to have difficulties installing yt after running the setup script.

Cheers,

Nathan