[yt-users] using Intel compilers

Mark Kremenetsky mdk at sgi.com
Sat Feb 9 09:57:47 PST 2013

peter,
  I agree that gnu compiled library will work quite nicely with a code
compiled with Intel compiler. It is exactly what i have done for x86_64
processors. But I am trying to make a port for new Intel Phi processor (
also called MIC)  which has a different set of instructions so  only
code compiled with a special version of Intel compiler will generate
such executable.
As a first phase i am trying to build ENZO ( including all tools) for
x86_64 using only Intel compilers. If I  succeed with such build then it
will be straightforward to move on with a special version of compiler.
I can set my question in a different way: if anybody was able to port yt
environment on MIC processors ?
Thanks,
Mark