[yt-users] using Intel compilers

Peter Teuben teuben at astro.umd.edu
Fri Feb 8 17:03:39 PST 2013

In my experience the intel compiler works quite nicely crosslinking
with the gnu compiler, so  in theory you should be able to use
existing libraries (e.g. if you got them via your linux distro).

I've not been terribly impressed with the improved code performance
yet, the gnu compiler really caught up.  Some versions back I could
get cmhog2 (a hydro code) to run about twice the speed of the gnu
compiler, but i'm lucky if I get 20%

peter