[yt-users] Phase Plots --> Data Array

Munier Azzam Salem msalem at astro.columbia.edu
Thu Feb 7 11:07:15 PST 2013

Hey Guys,

      I'd like to take a phase diagram and convert it to a simple array to
plot alongside some other nifty stuff in matplotlib.

      A couple questions related to this aim (feel free to ignore ones that
seem dumb):

      1. Since I can add a phase object to a plot collection, is there a
way to convert a plot collection (or piece of it?) to a fixed resolution
buffer?

OR

      2. Data objects made with pf.h.FUNCTION seem to be pass-able to the
fixed resolution buffer function. Is there a way to create phase plots this
way, instead of with plot collections?

OR, maybe

       3. Objects like simple line profiles have simple arrays living
inside them. Is there a simple 2D array I can pull out of the phase plot
object?

             thanks!
               Munier

--