[yt-users] RAMSES field autodetection

Sam Geen samgeen at astro.ox.ac.uk
Fri Dec 20 05:32:04 PST 2013

Just to clarify what this does: if you have nvar = 5, it does the
standard density, vx, vy, vz, pressure. If nvar >5 and nvar < 11, it
adds metallicity (and pads the array with variables if you have NVAR >
6). If you have 11, it assumes you're using MHD, and has density, vx,
vy, vz, Bxleft, Byleft, Bzleft, Bxright, Byright, Bzright, Pressure. If
you have more than 11, it adds metallicity and then pads up to NVAR.
Currently RT/ATON/etc are not supported, but I intend to try sometime if
someone else doesn't get there first. As Matt said, if you already set
fields in load() it uses that.

If you want the details, go to the ramses frontend folder and check out
_setup_auto_fields in data_structures.py.