[yt-users] EPS Multiplot

John Wise jwise at physics.gatech.edu
Wed Dec 4 07:08:44 PST 2013

Hi John,

Great, I can put in the re-reference the pf when initializing the
figure.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your small issues.  Thanks so
much for testing the eps_writer multiplot routine!  It'll only make it
better.

Cheers,
John

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 at 17:05 +0200, John Regan wrote:
>    Hi John,
>
>    Yeah that makes a lot of sense to me. That way the API becomes a lot more
>    robust and should work better under timeseries multiplots. I'm away from
>    my computer at the moment but I think the PlotWindow references the pf in
>    some way in the init?
>
>    I also had a look at hg log before I had to run and it was there alright.
>    No big deal - it was probably something else.
>
>    I also came across a couple of other small issues on the multi plot today
>    when I was testing it. I'll send them on tomorrow and the work arounds
>    when I get back to the office tomorrow.
>
>    Cheers,
>    John
>
>    On 4 Dec 2013 15:57, "John Wise" <[1]jwise at physics.gatech.edu> wrote:
>
>      Hi John,
>
>      I think we could get away with storing the pfs in PlotWindow when the
>      figure is originally created. Â I hope this doesn't create too much
>      memory overhead, but I don't think it will because I couldn't imagine a
>      multi-panel figure having more than a hundred panels.
>
>      When you tried to update your repository, does my 762ef5f changeset
>      exist in your log (hg log -r 762ef5f)? Â Can you check for the number of
>      heads in your repo (hg heads .)? Â Maybe it's updating to another
>      revision.
>
>      Cheers,
>      John
>
>      On 12/04/2013 02:56 AM, John Regan wrote:
>
>        Hi Matt,
>
>        That works nicely. The manual setting of the pf reference overrides
>        another (weak) setting - is that it?
>
>        It still feels a little hacky though. Maybe we should add an error
>        check
>        to eps_multiplot_yt to check that the
>        reference is set?
>
>        John R
>
>        P.S.
>        One other question. John when I tried to pull down your fix for the
>        image size using
>        hg pull -r 762ef5f [2]https://bitbucket.org/jwise77/yt
>        hg update
>
>        the eps_writer.py didn't update - should it have? It was only a single
>        line so it was easy to just insert.
>        Just curious what I was doing wrong.
>
>        On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 11:07 PM, Matthew Turk
>        <[3]matthewturk at gmail.com
>        <mailto:[4]matthewturk at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>        Â Â Hi John and John,
>
>        Â Â On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 4:06 PM, John Wise
>        <[5]jwise at physics.gatech.edu
>        Â Â <mailto:[6]jwise at physics.gatech.edu>> wrote:
>        Â Â Â > Yeah, it was surprising to me, also. Â I don't know the best
>        way
>        Â Â to store the
>        Â Â Â > pfs somehow without the user manually saving it.
>        Â Â Â >
>        Â Â Â > When the multi-panel plot is made, the figures are refreshed
>        and
>        Â Â that is
>        Â Â Â > where the pf is needed. Â This is to everyone... is there a
>        way to
> [...]

Center for Relativistic Astrophysics, Georgia Tech
http://cosmo.gatech.edu