[yt-users] [enzo-users] Visualizing Tracer Particles

John ZuHone jzuhone at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 09:24:44 PST 2013

Hi Brandon,

Sorry for the delayed reply!

I'm cross-posting this over to the yt-users list since at this point it is really a yt problem.

> Ideally, the type of plot I would like to end up with would be to use the grid/data from an Enzo data dump then overplot the tracer particles.  For example:
>
> pf = ("TP0000/TPDD0000.h5", "r")
> pf2 = load("DD0000/data0000)
>
> slc = SlicePlot(pf2, "z", "Density")
> slc.annotate_particles(from_pf)
>
> Is there a function that would allow that?

At the moment, we don't have an _easy_ way to do this (unless I am mistaken). But we should, frankly.

There's a somewhat convoluted way to do this, and I can try to have a script that shows how to do that to you by tomorrow.

Best,

John