[yt-users] HaloProfiler troubles

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 06:32:04 PST 2013

Hi Claire,

It's tough to tell for certain, but if you are working with an Enzo
dataset, the HaloProfiler usually looks for the halo catalog file to be in
the directory of the dataset itself.  There might be a problem if you are
using a dataset where all the data is in a single file as the HaloProfiler
makes an assumption that each dataset is contained within its own
directory.  If this is the case, let me know and we should be able to fix
this issue.

The second issue comes from not having the fortran kdtree installed with
your yt installation.  It should be install by default now, so you may have
an out of date installation.  In that case, you may want to run "yt update
--all" to update your yt install stack.

Britton