[yt-users] Image/Data Interpolation

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 06:16:05 PST 2013

Hey John,

As far as I know, no one has done this, but it seems do-able based on your
description.  You can access the image array that is used to produce the
projections using the FRB or "fixed resolution buffer"
http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/visualizing/manual_plotting.html?highlight=fixed%20resolution%20buffer

You can simply generate a projection (or slice, or whatever) and then turn
it into an FRB to directly access the image array.  Then interpolate
between two separate FRBs of two separate datasets.

Let us know if this works for you OK.  Good luck!

Cameron

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 6:34 AM, John Regan <johnanthonyregan at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm not sure if anything like this exists in YT.
> I'd like to interpolate between images from different snapshots so as to
> make multiple images (e.g. projections) between two snapshots.
>
> The best way to do this is probably at the field level I imagine. Is there
> a way in YT to access the image array that is used to produce the
> projections?
>
> Or maybe there is a better way in YT?
>
> Any suggestions/pointers much appreciated!
>
> Cheers,
> John

Cameron Hummels
Postdoctoral Researcher