[yt-users] Field Cuts in Off-Axis Projections

Sam Skillman samskillman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 20:46:35 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I think for the idea of field cuts, the solution Kacper is the right way to
go.  Since the OffAxisProjection plots don't do vertex-centering, it should
be equivalent to doing the field cuts as a data source object.

As for going forward, HomogenizedVolume is deprecated.  For the purposes of
volume rendering arbitrary data sources, this is on my immediate todo list.
 Off-axis projections should gain the same type of functionality as that is
implemented.  The primary road block is determining exactly how the the
starting and stopping criteria should function for arbitrary data sources.
 There is a fast/easy way and a difficult/more accurate method of doing so.
 I've done the fast/easy method in a few incarnations and am ~80% happy
with it.

Sam