[yt-users] broke yt trying to update

Stephanie Tonnesen stonnes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 19:34:46 PDT 2013

Okay!  Thanks for all the help, the new installation loaded yt.mods for me
(other checks will have to wait for tomorrow)!

For anyone who is interested, here are two things I thought were sort of
strange in the installation:

1)  on my first attempt at bash install_script.sh, the installation failed
with the message below:

Installing BZLIB
Installing ZLIB
Installing PNG
Installing FreeType2
Installing HDF5
Installing SQLite3
Installing Python.  This may take a while, but don't worry.  yt loves you.
Installing mercurial-2.7
Setting YT_DIR=/u/stonnes/Installs/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/
Installing distribute
Installing pip
Installing numpy-1.7.1
Installing matplotlib-1.3.0
Installing ZeroMQ
        FAILURE REPORT:

  CXXLD  test_invalid_rep
  CXX    test_msg_flags.o
  CXXLD  test_msg_flags
  CXX    test_connect_resolve.o
  CXXLD  test_connect_resolve
  CXX    test_connect_delay.o
test_connect_delay.cpp:260:2: error: no newline at end of file
make[1]: *** [test_connect_delay.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/u/stonnes/Installs/yt-x86_64/src/zeromq-3.2.3/tests'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Failure.  Check /u/stonnes/Installs/yt-x86_64/yt_install.log.  The last 10
lines are above.

This was easily fixed by just adding a line at the end of the file.   I am
not sure if it was my computer that was the problem, or if a recent change
is going to make this fail for other people, too.

2)  This initial set-up list looks normal, but it seems strange that for
*almost* everything =1 means the installation will happen, EXCEPT Rockstar.

INST_ZLIB       = 1 so I will  be installing zlib
INST_BZLIB      = 1 so I will  be installing bzlib
INST_PNG        = 1 so I will  be installing libpng
INST_FTYPE      = 1 so I will  be installing freetype2
INST_SQLITE3    = 1 so I will  be installing SQLite3
INST_HG         = 1 so I will  be installing Mercurial
INST_ENZO       = 0 so I won't be checking out Enzo
INST_PYX        = 0 so I won't be installing PyX
INST_SCIPY      = 0 so I won't be installing scipy
INST_0MQ        = 1 so I will  be installing ZeroMQ
INST_ROCKSTAR   = 0 so I will  be installing Rockstar

-Stephanie