[yt-users] Announcing: yt 2.5.5

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 09:30:20 PDT 2013

Hi all,

We're proud to release yt version 2.5.5.  This is an unscheduled point
release that includes all bug fixes identified and fixed since the
release of 2.5.4 on July 2nd.  We missed our scheduled release date a
bit, and have continued to push off a 2.6 as development on the 2.x
branch winds down.

Additions, changes and bug fixes include:

 * New absorption spectrum analysis module with documentation
 * Fix for volume rendering on the command line
 * map_to_colormap will no longer return out-of-bounds errors
 * Fixes for dds in covering grid calculations
 * Library searching for build process is now more reliable
 * Unit fix for "VorticityGrowthTimescale" field
 * Pyflakes stylistic fixes
 * Adding ability to draw lines with Grey Opacity in volume rendering
 * Updated physical constants to reflect 2010 CODATA data
 * Number density added to FLASH
 * Dependency updates (including IPython 1.0)
 * Many fixes for Athena frontend
 * Radius and ParticleRadius now work for reduced-dimensionality datasets
 * Source distributions now work again!
 * Better notebook support for yt plots
 * Athena data now 64 bits everywhere
 * Grids displays on plots are now shaded to reflect the level of refinement
 * show_colormaps() is a new function for displaying all known colormaps
 * PhasePlotter by default now adds a colormap.

If you are using the stable branch of yt from an installation script,
you can upgrade using "yt update" or "yt update --all" to upgrade your
full dependency stack.  If you are using the development branch, you
may already have these fixes.  A tarball of this release has been
uploaded to the Python Package Index (PyPI).

yt releases often feature contributions from many individuals; this
release includes first time contributions from John Forbes, Noel
Scudder and Hilary Egan.

Documentation for this release can be found at:

http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/

Thanks very much,

Matt, on behalf of the yt development team