[yt-users] Trouble plotting 1D scatter data from 3D Athena vtk data.

Timothy Waters waterst3 at unlv.nevada.edu
Sun Aug 18 17:53:34 PDT 2013

Hi,

Here is the data and simple script to make a scatter or profile plot of my
simulation output,
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ibpda938ltsxl0j/2AA2FYDUH8#/

This is a spherically symmetric (cartesian [-0.5,0.5]^3, 32cells^3) hydro
simulation with initial conditions
density = 1.0 if radius <= 1/3;
density falls off as 1/r^2 if r > 1/3;
velocity is everywhere 0

The output with these ICs is WP12.0000.vtk.  When I run my script the first
time using iyt I get the first image with the expected ICs.  Running it
again gives the second image and I don't know why.  I'm hoping those other
points don't actually exist in my data.  Maybe I am just missing something
simple?

The evolved data, WP12.0030.vtk, is provided as well.  Running this data
'cleans the slate' so that I can then go back to see the problem with my
initial conditions again.  Of course, the problem shows up in this data too.

Thanks in advance!
Tim