[yt-users] line annotations, center and zooming

David Collins dcollins4096 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 09:14:17 PDT 2013

Hi, everybody--

I'm having trouble getting plot_window coordinages and annotate_image_line
coordinates to agree.  I have a small region that I'm trying to annotate
with lines, and zoom in on.  I'm having trouble getting my coordinates
working together.

If I do
proj = oober.pf.h.proj(ax,'Density',source=source)
pw = proj.to_pw(center=proj_center,origin='domain' )
pw.zoom( 1/size)

I have the object centered on the plot and zoomed appropriately.  If I do

proj = oober.pf.h.proj(ax,'Density',source=source)
pw = proj.to_pw()
pw.annotate_image_line(p1, p2, data_coords=True)

the lines show up in the position I expect relative to my object.  However,
if I include both the re-centering in to_pw and the call to
annotate_image_line, the line doesn't show up where I want relative to the
object.  If I skip the data_coords or origin argument it doesn't seem to
help.  I've dug around the docs and source but haven't sorted how to make
the plot window coordinages and annotate_image_line coordinates agree.

Thanks!
d.

--
-- Sent from a computer.