[yt-users] Making slices of Athena SMR data

Eve Lee elee at cita.utoronto.ca
Mon Aug 5 14:13:49 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to make a slice plot of Athena MPI SMR data using
TimeSeriesData, and I find that the code only make slices out of the
base level and blanks out deeper level regions.

Following is how I read in the Athena vtk files:

ts = TimeSeriesData.from_filenames('id0/kh*.vtk', parallel=True)
my_storage={}
for sto,pf in ts.piter(storage=my_storage):
     slc = SlicePlot(pf, 'z', 'Density')
     slc.set_zlim('Density', 0.0, 3.0)
     num = (pf.h.hierarchy_filename).split('.')[1]
     slc.save('./slice/'+num)

all my vtk files are in id0, ..., idn where n=number of processors I
used, and I'm only using 1 more level of refinement.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Eve