[yt-users] SlicePlot y-axis problem

Caroline Van Borm borm at astro.rug.nl
Thu Apr 18 03:29:54 PDT 2013

Hi Matthew,

I tried both running it from a script and interactively (with iyt). I
really only used a minimum of code:

    from yt.mods import *
    pf = EnzoStaticOutput("RD0007/RedshiftOutput0007")
    #I also tried: pf = load("RD0007/RedshiftOutput0007")
    SlicePlot(pf, 'y', 'Density').save()

Sample data to run this on can be found on

    http://lca.ucsd.edu/software/enzo/data/cookbook/

Just download and unpack any of the RD000* folders, for instance RD0007
for the example code above.

On the screen, after the SlicePlot command it says

    yt : [INFO     ] 2013-04-18 12:16:59,830 Getting the binary hierarchy
    yt : [INFO     ] 2013-04-18 12:16:59,838 Finished with binary
    hierarchy reading

and there it hangs. Pressing Ctrl-C doesn't do anything, I have to kill
the process manually from another terminal.

I installed yt using the installation script from the website, I don't
think I changed any of the settings, or anything after the installation.
The only thing I did before installing was "/export CC/=/icc//" ///to
get HDF5 to install properly.

Thank you very much!

Cheers,
Caroline