[yt-users] slice plot

Sam Skillman samskillman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 08:11:59 PDT 2013

Hi Stefano,

I think I can help explain why that line you last emailed is the correct
one.

The c[1] and center='max' do two different things.  The c[1] tells it to
slice the y dimension at y=c[1]. The center='max' tells it where to center
the image in the x-z plane.  If you don't have the center='max', then
you'll end up at the center of the domain I think, where you might have
poor resolution.

Since the projection doesn't need a specified c[1] like value, it correctly
centers simply using the center='max' or center=c command.

Hopefully that clears it up a bit.

Best,
Sam