[yt-users] slice plot

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 04:58:40 PDT 2013

Hi Stefano,

The image you sent looks to me like the slice is not centered on a region
of high density -- more likely, it's centered at the center of the domain,
where perhaps the resolution is lower (resulting in the pixels).  Can you
show the full script you used?  And the output of:

pf.h.find_max("Density")

or something like that, so we can see where the center is and where the
slice is centered?  To center on the most dense point I *believe* you can
do something like specify the slice center as "max" rather than a number
(with the quotes around hte word max).

-Matt