[yt-users] cut region vs. projection?

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 13:02:34 PDT 2013

Hi Dave,

One last followup here.  You should be able to also create your cut region
as you described in your original post, and then use the "source" keyword
in the projection call.
proj = pf.h.proj(0,"Density",source=cut_region)

This way is more versatile, since you can do profiling and derived
quantities (and eventually rendering) for cut regions, whereas the
field_cuts method only applies to projections.  Because of this, field_cuts
will probably be phased out at some point.

Britton