[yt-users] Updates for yt dependencies

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 11:46:34 PDT 2013

Hi all,

About a week ago, I issued a pull request to update the dependencies that get built by the install script:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-request/475/updating-the-dependencies-in-the-install/diff

This pull request was accepted today.

If you are running the development version of yt built using the install script, you can upgrade the dependencies by doing running the yt updater at the command line:

$ yt update --all

If you are running yt 2.5.1 or an earlier stable release, you will be able to update your dependencies when the next stable yt release happens on or around May 1st.

As you can see reading over the discussion regarding the pull request, there was some concern about possible breakages due to these updates.  If, after updating, you run into any broken functionality or odd issues, please let us know either by mailing the yt-users list or by reporting an issue on yt's bug tracker (https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/new).

Hopefully with periodic updates to yt's dependencies like this, we will be able to make bugfixes and new features available to users who run yt installations based on the install script in a painless, automated manner.

Happy computing,

Nathan Goldbaum