[yt-users] How do you make movies?

Geoffrey So gsiisg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 16:59:33 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Playing around with mencoder and the mpeg4 codec, I think there's a hard
limit to the width, if I set it to greater than w=2048, there will be
artifacts in the movie (will not even encode 4096).  And the maximum
vbitrate seems to be around 15000, anything higher I think it turns to the
default and I'd get a lower quality video instead along with smaller file
size.

Found these out the hard way when I tried to stitch together two 2048^2
images and encode it, each encode fine by itself but not when stitched
together.

Just thought people should know and keep in mind when using mencoder.

From
G.S.