[yt-users] particle read error

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 13:51:07 PDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM, David Collins
<dcollins at physics.ucsd.edu> wrote:
>> Last I remembered, particle reading from clumps shouldn't work; that
>
> Oh yeah.   That would explain my screwy answers.  That's a dumb
> mistake on my part, sorry about that.
>
>> 1) unpickle
>> 2) read particles, get error
>> 3) read particles, get particles
>>
>> Right?
>
> Yeah, that's exactly right.  So I guess my question is now, what is it
> actually returning?  I'll poke around and report back if I make sense
> of it.

My guess is that it will be returning all the particles that belong to
the parent-of-the-clump object.

The fix for this is a bit longer term, but it's on the agenda.  I
think we can get particles in clumps.  But it will need the geometry
stuff that's going on in 3.0.

-Matt