[yt-users] yt on 'astronomy computing today'

Peter Teuben teuben at astro.umd.edu
Sun Sep 9 08:59:56 PDT 2012

I'm sure some of you have seen Berriman's blog on yt.

http://astrocompute.wordpress.com/2012/09/07/yt-an-integrated-science-environment-for-astrophysical-simulations/

so I certainly got energized and decided to install yt again. I hope
this mailing list is ok to go over an installation problem, since I got
stuck on something pretty silly now:

the  "yt serve" command comes back and tells me i need to install
missing Reason support files.  It gives an example what to do (has a
minor typo)

            cd /home/teuben/yt/yt-x86_64:/src
                                                          ^^^^   (no colon)
            wget http://yt-project.org/dependencies/reason-js-20120623.zip

but i see there was already a reason-js-20120623.zip in that location.
It was not unzipped, unzipping it doesn't give me any suggestions what
to do to install it, or where to copy this. Would be useful to add this
to the online screen suggestions how to resolve this.

google searching the yt-dev list i think i see how it's supposed to
work.  No details on how to install this though. i can see it's
javascript. google chrome is my default browser.  Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (now
12.04.1) is what I run.

peter