[yt-users] Sinkparticles in the Volumerendering

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 11:23:20 PDT 2012

Hi Christian,

Personally, I haven't been able to come up with a reasonable way to represent sink particles in volume renderings.  I usually just leave them blank and explain that the holes in the gas are due to sink particles.

It would probably be possible to hack something using your knowledge of the size of the window and locations of the sinks, maybe a dashed circle around the sinks? On the other hand, that would go on top of 'emission' that is actually in front of the sink particle.

Right now hard surfaces have not been added to the volume renderer.  Sam might have some more information about that.

-Nathan