[yt-users] Mountain Lion install issue

aaron.t.lee aaron.t.lee at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 12:54:19 PDT 2012

Hey all,

Potentially low level question. I noticed my local version of YT didn't seem to work anymore after upgrading to Mountain Lion, so I tried reinstalling, following the website instructions. I first received some compile errors, but the install script had a suggestion that fixed that issue. However, I now get the following error when running 'bash install_script.sh' :

Installing BZLIB
Installing ZLIB
Installing PNG
Installing FreeType2
Installing HDF5
        FAILURE REPORT:

      _test_attr_bug4 in tattr.o
      _test_attr_bug1 in tattr.o
      _test_attr_bug3 in tattr.o
      _test_attr_dense_verify in tattr.o
      _test_attr_dense_dup_ids in tattr.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [testhdf5] Error 1
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Failure.  Check /Users/AaronLee/yt-x86_64/yt_install.log.  The last 10 lines are above.

Am I doing something incorrect, or is there is quick fix for this?

Thanks,
Aaron